maanantai 7. marraskuuta 2011

VR

This is not really working, but I'm still trying, I'm not going to give up so easily!
I want to talk about VR (it's our only train company in Finland). On Wednesday morning I left in a hurry and drove to Toijala. The train station's parking lot was totally ful, so I needed to drive a little bit far away to some grocery store's parking lot. Then I was running back to the station, planning to buy a ticket from the ticket machine. And what did I saw, my train was 40min late! At the same time I saw that the ticket machine wasn't working, so I was without the ticket and the train (in Toijala there's nobody selling tickets, so the machine is the only option).
I called my mum and she went to check from Internet the trains. And the quicker option was taking intercity train to Tampere (north) change the train there to Helsinki (south). So I took that train, and there the conductor came to check the tickets. I told her that I need to buy a ticket to Helsinki, and she didn't even know that she can sell that. She was just explaining that she can sell the ticket to Tampere and there I need to buy the next ticket. Finally she found out that she can sell me the ticket straight to Helsinki, but there's a 5 euro extra when I'm buying it from the train. How they can do that??? I didn't have any choices to buy the ticket from Toijala, and If I would bought it from internet, I would have a wrong ticket for this train. The normal train from Toijala to Helsinki was supposed to be intercity and it's under 13 euros. Now I took the intercity to Tampere and from Tampere I was supposed to take pendolino, which is quicker and more expensive, so with that 5 euros extra my ticket was 24 euros.

So my train arrived to Tampere and what I found out? My pendolino train is 50min late!!! I was running around and I found out that the intercity was leaving at that time to Helsinki. I jumped in to that train and I was swearing the VR far, far away... So at the end, I payed for nothing totally too much, because the train stopped in Toijala (it was the train what I was supposed to take first). So i just went to Tampere and back for nothing. And what was the reason that the trains were late? They were just saying that some machineproblem? And what is that, I have no idea. Now they can't blame the snow, so they need to think something else. I think it's so wrong that VR has monopoly in the railways. If there would be some other company the tickets would be cheaper and everything would be working. Now VR can do whatever they want and don't care what people are thinking. Many people need to use train going to work etc., so even though VR is not working, people are still using trains. Argh! Finally at 11.46 the train arrived to Pasila and I run to the exam (I had the exam at 12 o'clock), and I made it! I didn't really read to the exam, so I'm not waiting to get in. I don't even know If I want to study that but we'll see. My pland is to get in to the school on next fall!

XOXO

enlav

3 kommenttia:

  1. Saathan sä sen korvauksen siitä?!!? Vittu mä tuu hakkaa VR:n pomot sun kans jos et mukamas saa?

    VastaaPoista
  2. En tiiä, täytin sen paperin ja postitin viime viikolla!

    VastaaPoista
  3. your site is very informative thank you bus ticketing machine
    http://handheldforbillingdevices.blogspot.in/ https://twitter.com/#!/ElitePalm Elite Palm™
    http://www.facebook.com/hand.held.3 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Palm-It-Solutions-PVT-LTD/300469306713237
    http://www.squidoo.com/bus-ticketing-machine#module160392208
    Elite palm IT solutions Pvt. Ltd is ISO 9001:2008 certified organization.
    We deals in It services, Security products and Hand Held Devises.
    Our Product Range Include Hand Held Devises,daily collection machines,
    Micro Finance Spot Billing Machine,Pay and parking machines,Milk Collection billing machines,
    Production distribution billing Machines , Restaurant sales billing, Electricity
    Billing Machine, Toll Both Machines,Petrol Billing machines,Cable Billing
    Machine And many Types of Billing Machine.

    VastaaPoista